David L. Bridges is a partner with Capitol Counsel. Having worked in both the public and private sectors, he brings to the firm extensive tax and energy policy expertise. On Capitol Hill, Bridges served as a senior staffer for members of Senate Republican Leadership, the Senate Finance Committee, and the House Ways & Means Committee. Prior to his tenure on Capitol Hill, he worked in government relations for the energy and manufacturing industries.
- The George Washington University Law School – J.D.
- The University of Dallas – B.A.
- Office of Senator John Barrasso (R-WY) – Tax Counsel. Advised the Senator – a member of the Senate Finance Committee, Chairman of the Senate Republican Conference, and Ranking Member of the Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee – on tax, retirement, and small business policy. Bridges worked closely with the Senate Republican Conference and Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee on relevant tax policy issues.
- Office of Congressman Tom Reed (R-NY-23)– Tax Counsel. Advised the Congressman – a senior member of the House Ways & Means Committee and co-chair of the Problem Solvers Caucus – on tax, trade, retirement, energy, financial services, and small business policy.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation – Senior Manager of Government Relations. Advocated on behalf of the company at the federal, state, and local
- Edison Electric Institute – Manager of Government Relations. Advocated on behalf of the electric utility industry, with a focus on tax policy.
- Maryland Bar Association – Member
With over a decade of both public and private sector experience, Bridges has extensive knowledge of and experience in tax and energy policy.