Robert Diamond is a partner with Capitol Counsel, LLC and leads the executive branch practice. Diamond brings a unique mix of two decades of private sector, government, and political experience to the firm. He has served at the highest levels of government, as a senior aide in the Obama-Biden White House, and for Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY). He has advised on campaigns at all levels, including most recently as the New York State Director for the Biden-Harris campaign; and has led as a senior executive at major private sector companies.
Diamond speaks and publishes regularly on a range of public policy issues. His work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, NBC.com, The Huffington Post, Defense News, The Philadelphia Inquirer, and The New York Daily News. Diamond also appears routinely on television and radio.
- United States Naval Academy – B.S.
- Biden-Harris 2020 Campaign – New York State Director
- Stratagem Public Affairs, New York, NY – Founder and CEO
- Tishman Speyer, New York, NY – Managing Director, Public Affairs. A leading global real estate investment management firm with assets under management of nearly $50 billion across 30 global markets.
- President Barack Obama, The White House, Washington, D.C. – Special Assistant to the President and Director of Private Sector Engagement. Diamond was responsible for the strategic management and oversight of the Obama administration’s interaction with the private sector across all policy areas. He advised the president and other senior White House officials on their day-to-day interaction with members of the business community, from Fortune 500 CEOs to local Chambers of Commerce and small business owners.
- New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York, NY – Director of Intergovernmental Affairs. Diamond led the executive chamber’s outreach and engagement with mayors, county executives, and local elected officials across New York.
- Obama for America, New York, NY – New York State Director and National Veteran and Military Family Vote Director. Oversaw all campaign operations in the state while simultaneously serving as the national veterans and military families vote director for Obama for America 2012.
- Realty Capital International LLC, New York, NY – Senior Vice President. A global real estate investment banking and advisory firm.
- Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., New York, NY – Vice President. Oversaw the structured equity products/equity finance group.
- United States Navy – A surface warfare officer by training, Diamond was stationed onboard the guided missile destroyer USS Bulkeley (DDG-84) and completed deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. He served as the aide to the Navy’s chief of legislative affairs in the Pentagon and as a naval liaison officer to the U.S. House of Representatives. Diamond also served as a vice-chair of the Democratic National Committee’s Veterans and Military Families Council, where he was responsible for promoting the president’s agenda across the national veterans’ community.
- Truman National Security Project – Security
- Fellow with the progressive national security leadership institute
- Regional Director of the Truman Project’s New York City Chapter from 2007 – 2012